I jinxed our Land Rover in my last blog.. and for fear of more karmic retribution I have stayed away... Needless to say thanks to the hosts of Lawn Chairs and Living Rooms, pieces and parts of our "tour bus" have been replaced and we're still on the road.
Brian and The Verve Pipe headed to Italy and Spain to do a small USO tour. What an amazing opportunity for them, it's unfortunate that it was such a short amount of time. They were gone for about 5 days, during which they put on some amazing shows for the troops. The line up for the last few TVP shoes has been Donny Brown, Brian Vander Ark, John Conners, Doug Corella and Lou Musa. They are hard at work on their children's record which is going to knock everyone's socks off. It's completely enjoyable for the whole family.. which is a huge bonus for those of us who have endured hours of "kids bop's" hideous production and song selections. And unless Dan Zanes becomes the next Ryan Adams of the kids music scene we are going to need something fresh in the cd player. I think we can probably all look forward to hearing the record before the autumn comes. Hooray!
Brian continues to play an ungodly amount of shows.. It amazes me that he can multi task so well.. I have nearly given up knowing where we are going to be on any given day.. I just go with it.. After a neighbor of ours pointed out that she wanted to "slap me" every time I asked her what day it was, I've decided to just defer to Brian on our calendar at all times. I guess once pre-school begins I'll need to get my act together or else Evangeline's attendance record will be as bad as mine and Brian's was in school.
Brian celebrated Father's day and also his birthday on our last long trip down to Kansas City. I commissioned a painting by one of our new favorite artists Kate Cosgrove. Google her, you will be happy you did. You can purchase her amazing work on Etsy. com. Anyway, the painting was from an old picture taken of Evie asleep on Brian's chest during his "mountain man beard" period. Kate added in the lyrics to his song "Evangeline" and the result was pure loveliness! It was a hit.. Evie got him a pair of studio headphones to replace the pair she chewed through on the first leg of our summer tour. We enjoyed home made chocolate cake and then a field full of fireflies that glimmered in the southern Illinois sky. Back to the Airstream full, happy and in need of sleep. Shows in Kansas city were good. Back home again to slightly cooler Michigan.
By the way Michigan.. What the bleep is going on? I feel like I should be making a cuppa and sitting by the fire while Brian watches the Lion's lose in the other room. It is July you know. We should be sweltering not purchasing our fall wardrobe.
Well.. Miss Evangeline and I are off to the market to pick up some supper supplies.. Brian is on his way to Indianapolis. We look forward to having him to ourselves for a few days next week. That handsome devil sure is missed when he is away..

1 comment:
The painting sounds beautiful. What a perfect idea!
As for knowing the days of the week at all times, there is something freeing about not knowing. In the summer I try not to pay too much attention to it (this summer in particular due to an overcrowded schedule last school year). I feel more refreshed and like a kid in summertime where one day swishes into another.
Post a Comment